Traditionally, these yummy pancakes have cabbage, some basic vege and your choice of protein in them. But, I decided to rainbow up the recipe and bring a whole variety of beautiful fresh veggies and I have to tell you my family went wild for them!! Check out all of these amazing colours!! So cool!!
They are so simply to make, and if you have left over batter, you can keep it in the fridge and cook them for lunch the next day, or pop them into lunchboxes. They are just so dang good! So good, that my fam kind of ate them all before I had a chance to take a really good pic of the finished product (whoops)
If you are gluten free, keto or vegan you can totally modify the recipe to work within your needs too. So lets get into it!!
Now, I have a tribe to feed and I always think of left overs too, to save time. So you could modify the amount of ingredients below by halving it so you don’t have too much. Or you can feed the neighbours too.
1/4 purple cabbage finely shredded
1/4 green cabbage finely shredded
2 carrots grated
2 zucchini’s grated
1/2 red onion diced finely
1 fresh cob of corn
1 diced red capsicum
Wholemeal flour or gluten free flour
Eggs or egg substitute
Your choice of protein, tofu, prawns, fish, chicken etc
4 stalks of spring onion for the topping
2-4 nori sheets, cut finely, or nori flakes for the topping
Vegan or Kewpi mayonnaise for the topping
Sweet soy sauce or soy sauce for the topping.
1. Mix all of the grated and diced vegetables and a pinch of salt into a large bowl until combined well.
2. Heat one or 2 pans ready for cooking
3. In a separate bowl, mix 2 eggs (or egg substitute), 1.5 cups water and 2 cups of flour
4. Then add in 4 cups of the mixed vegetables until combined through. You may need to add a dash more water if the mixture seems to dry
5. Then add your choice of diced protein and mix well.
6. Spoon the mixture onto the hot pans and flatten out with a spoon so it is around 1-2 cm thick and cook until golden brown on both sides and they are cooked through. This may be up to 10 or so minutes.
7. Serve with a drizzle of mayonnaise of your choice, some soy sauce, chopped spring onion and nori flakes and you have got yourself a seriously delicious meal!!
Here is a pic of the finished product, hope you and your fam love it as much as ours do!